Street Name Changes

On 28 January 1928 the Coalville Times posted the intention of the District Council to change the names of a number of Streets to bring a more up-to-date image to the Town.

From

Ashby Road, to Donington le Heath
Ashby Road Bardon to Hugglescote
Ashby Road & Burton Road Hugglescote
Castle Yard Hugglescote
East Avenue Ellistown
Hall Lane Whitwick –Cemetery to Greenhill
Hall’s Lane Hugglescote
Ibstock Lane Hugglescote
Meadow Lane Donington Le Heath
North Street Hugglescote
Pares Hill and South Street Whitwick
Upper main Street Hugglescote
Constables Lane Coalville
Hermitage Road Coalville, Hotel Street to Colliery
Wilkins Lane Hugglescote
Goods Yard Road Coalville
Wolsey Street Coalville

To

Manor Road
Grange Road
Ashburton Road
Holm’s Court
St. Christopher’s Road
Blackwood
Station Road
Richmond Road
Tweentown
Central Road
North Street
Dennis Street
Broomleys Road
Whitwick Road

Fairfield Road
Wolsey Road
Baker Street

No Comments

Start the ball rolling by posting a comment on this page!

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published.